today, printing press presentation

Today, I was working on my font, which was an uppercase S. I made it look Roman because I love ancient Roman history. After that I started making my own writing language made up of symbols so I will be able to communicate with other people that know it. After I went to park and had lunch, we had 30 minutes to prepare a presentation before the Red Band arrived, which has the youngest kids in the school. Lucie and I never got to present The Crusades because we couldn’t finish on time. We did not finish our Google Slides that had all the details of The Crusades, so we just ended up watching everyone present. We were presenting on the printing press, which is a piece of wood with mirrored letters carved into it, ink all over it, and was used to create a whole page of writing instead of writing the whole page by hand. Then Oscar was teaching us how to scan pictures from a piece of paper to a digital photo. So he picked two people at a time and I thought it was fun. Once everyone learned how to do it we went on our computers and went to Zooniverse, which is a website. I was learning Ancient Greek (I already know a lot of Ancient Greek) from photos of paper with writing from thousands of years ago. So that was my day and now I get to create the language for my band for homework. So see you later, Romans.

You can ignore the rest if you want to so read on if you like.

I was joking about you being Roman, unless you are in which case I think you are awesome. REALLY AWESOME, so awesome that I would always ask you questions about being Roman and just basically ruin your plans for the day, like, you're going on your honeymoon and I would just appear out of nowhere when you were about to kiss and I would ask a question, like, “Do legionnaires still exist?”

You would just really not want to know me if you were Roman.

You do not need to read the rest of this blog post, but if you do, you might want to zoom in to read.

Julian is the best child historian in the world.